Cambiando Vidas y
Creando oportunidades
Contact US
TO SCHEDULE YOUR Consultation Today

    Nationwide Lawyers for K-2 Visas for Fiancé’s Children

    Helping Foreign Nationals Bring Their Children to the U.S.

    If you’re a foreign national engaged to a U.S. citizen, you might be planning to apply for a K-1 visa. This will allow you to travel to the U.S. to get married, after which you can get a green card to remain in this country with your spouse. A significant benefit of this visa is the opportunity to bring your children with you, assuming they’re eligible for the K-2 visa.

    Like the K-1 visa and other immigration solutions, the K-2 visa application can be confusing to complete without the help of a skilled lawyer. That’s why you should contact Elizabeth Rosario Law, PLC. before you apply to bring your children to the U.S. Our caring legal team understands the importance of having your children here with you, so we’ll ensure your family meets the K-2 visa requirements before guiding you through the application process.

    What Is the K-2 Visa?

    The K-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa meant to allow K-1 visa holders to bring their minor children to the U.S. to live with them. Note that the children must be unmarried and under age 21 to qualify for the K-2 visa, and they will only be approved if the parent’s K-1 visa is approved.

    So, if you’re applying for a K-1 visa and don’t want to leave your children in your home country when you move to the U.S., you can add their names to your K-1 petition. After it is approved, you can bring your children with you when you come to the U.S. to get married, or they can join you within a year of your visa being issued.

    As long as you’re eligible for the K-1 visa and your children are unmarried and under 21, the K-2 visa application should be approved. However, there are some factors that could complicate the process. For instance, if your child has an immigration violation on their record, they might not be eligible to enter the U.S. Such violations could include certain violent crimes on their criminal record or a history of refusing to follow immigration laws.

    In addition, if you forgot to include your child’s name on your K-1 visa or if you’re already married and want to bring them to the U.S., you’ll need to use alternative immigration solutions. That’s when you should call skilled nationwide lawyers for K-2 visas for fiancés children so you can learn how to help your loved ones come to the U.S. to live with you.

    What Are the Benefits of the K-2 Visa?

    Getting married and moving to the U.S. can feel like a dream come true, but not when it requires you to leave your children in your home country for years. That’s why the K-2 visa exists, as it’s the fastest way for foreign nationals to bring their children to their new home when they marry a U.S. citizen. Whether you bring your children with you on your initial trip to the U.S. or arrange for them to join you within the year, the K-2 visa ensures you won’t be separated from your children.

    That’s just one benefit of this visa. When your children are approved for this immigration option, they can apply to work and attend school in the U.S. They can also apply to adjust their status as permanent residents once you get married and do the same.

    Additionally, your children can apply for U.S. citizenship after five years, as long as they’ve remained in this country and meet all other citizenship requirements. If they’re very young, they might even become naturalized citizens along with you after three years of being permanent residents. A K-2 visa lawyer can answer any questions you have about the benefits of this visa, so contact our law office today.

    How Can You Apply for a K-2 Visa?

    The K-2 visa process can be complex, so it’s recommended that you hire an experienced lawyer to assist you. But it’s helpful to know that for the process to begin, your U.S. citizen fiancé must file Form I-129 and include your children’s names.

    At that point, the USCIS will decide if your U.S. citizen fiancé and K-visa applicants are eligible to be approved. If so, they’ll schedule an interview for you and your children to attend. You must bring the following documents to the interview:

    • A completed Form DS-160 for each person
    • Birth certificates
    • Police certificate from your current country
    • Passport valid for at least six months
    • Medical exam certificates
    • Evidence of financial support
    • Two pictures suitable for a passport
    • Money for legal fees

    The USCIS will let you know if you need to bring additional documents. If you’re approved for the visas, you’ll get the documents you and your children need to enter the U.S. during a specific timeframe. Contact our office if you have questions or are ready to begin the application process.

    Why Hire Nationwide Lawyers for K-2 Visas for Fiancé’s Children?

    Knowing whether you can bring your children to the U.S. is important, not a detail to leave to chance. That’s why you should hire a lawyer who can ensure that your children are eligible for the K-2 visa and guide you through the application process. Forgetting a document or sending inaccurate information can have serious consequences that affect your family, so it’s essential that you have an attorney’s support.

    At Elizabeth Rosario Law, PLC., our legal team has helped numerous clients immigrate to the U.S. with their children, and we’d be happy to provide the same service to you. Call 616-229-3401 today to talk to a compassionate lawyer about the K-2 visa or other immigration solutions that may work for you.